About TS > Statistics
Tourette Syndrome is not a rare disorder.
- One percent of school age children have TS, although most of them have only mild symptoms.
- For around 50 percent of children with TS, their tics will disappear in late adolescence.
- More than 85 percent of people with TS have more than just tics. Additional conditions include attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), problems sleeping, rage attacks, anxiety and depression.
- TS is three to four times more common in boys than girls.
- 90 percent of people with TS do not have coprolalia - the involuntary use of bad language.